Monday 3 November 2008

Acting

Sometimes things just work perfectly. An art gallery used for music and theatre. A band fills up two corners and the middle of the floor. The audience is standing around. I am there, in a corner which is lit okay, near the bar, behind some people and one or two people behind me.

The band finishes, the crowd applauds, the band starts to pack up, and gently cutting through the noice like a hot knife through icecream

"I love Melbourne."

The audience turns. Their entire focus on me.

"...I love the buildings, the streets, the parks, the theatres, the people, the stadiums, the universities, the churches and the festivals. I love the glass windows of the skyscrapers reflecting the peaceful sky. Their shapes a mosaic against the never ending blue..."

...........................................................................

It is raining, I am trying to compose a post about something that someone once said to me, but it is getting bigger than Ben-Hur. I almost have the cast and the fifty piece symphonic orchestra and the crew, just missing a few odds and ends. Hopefully it will get a smile or two.

...........................................................................

Q: How do you get down from an elephant?
A: You don't. You get down from a duck.

No comments: