Monday 27 April 2009

What a weird world we live in

On Friday, I was very sick, I had had a cold since Monday night, so I wore a scarf to work to keep warm.

I only have one scarf. It is a football scarf. I am not a football nut, I keep my eye open on one team to see what happens to it, but that is all. The scarf is from a team which has not won the flag since 1980, and has made it a habit of finishing 9th. In the last 17 years it has finished 9th six times and been in the finals only twice. Also the team has lost all four games this season. So I was expecting a few negative comments regarding football. But instead I got groans from people walking past and hurtful comments about my sanity. I think that that is hitting below the belt.

Coincidently the Mental Health support group Beyond Blue had a Wear Your Footy Colours to Work Day to raise awareness of Depression on the same day. It obviously works as my Depression is now worse.

Ironically the Richmond Tigers won the next day on Saturday.





Teams with Yellow and Black

Football – sometimes known as Soccer

Australia – Collingwood Warriors (1996-1997) – National Soccer League
Bolivia – The Strongest (1908) – Liga de Futbol Profesional Boliviano
Greece – Aris Thessaloniki (1914) – Super League Greece
Iceland – Iprottabandalag Akraness
Italy – Associazione Calcio Petacciato (1954) – Eccellenza Molise
Malaysia – The Malaysian National Football Team
New Zealand – Wellington Phoenix (2007+) – A League
Norway – IK Start (1905+) – Adeccoligaen League
Scotland – Mid-Annandale Footbal Club – South of Scotland Football League
Switzerland – Berner Sport Club Young Boys (1898+) – Swiss Axpo Super League
United Kingdom – Chalfont Wasps Football Club (1922+)
United Kingdom – Rushen United FC (1910) – Premier League

Australian Rules Football

Bacchus Marsh Football Club (1979) – Ballarat Football League
Balwyn Tigers – Eastern Football League
Murray Bushrangers (1993) – TAC Cup
Richmond Football Club – Australian Football League
United Tigers Football Club – Adelaide Plains Football League


Go the mighty Richmond Tigers. Play Fair.

No comments: