Tuesday 28 July 2009

Good Weekend

I’ve had two beautiful weekends. I have travelled to Canberra and chatted with three great friends and hopefully made a new friend. I’ve been called Uncle Andrew which has a nice feeling to it, and slipped behind Stace’s back and had a game of Chess with Aidan. Shhhh!!!! Don’t tell Stace. It was very very nice to see S and A so very happy.

And then I took Ewan, my six year old nephew, to Science Works and they had a Star Wars exhibition which was amazing. We got to see models of space ships, clones, puppets, costumes. It was very fun. And I think Ewan enjoyed it too. I know that he did enjoy singing Weird Al’s “The Saga Begins” and “Ode to a Superhero” (Spiderman) for the entire hour long trip home. I really need to introduce him to the original “American Pie” lyrics or he will get very confused later in life…

I wonder what next weekend will bring…

"My my this here Anakin guy
Maybe Vader someday later
Now he's just a small fry
He left his home
And kissed his mommy goodbye
Sayin'
Soon I'm gonna be a Jedi
Soon I'm gonna be a Jedi"

Weird Al Yankovic's 'The Saga Begins' to the tune of Don McLean's 'American Pie'

No comments: