Sunday 1 November 2009

An Affair to Remember

I’m doing something that I have promised never to do. Again and again I have made this promise to all parties concerned but I have not been able to keep it. Seven at once! It’s not fair for them, and it's not fair on me. And the juggling is impossible. But I keep on doing it. Isn’t that horrible? Irresponsible? They deserve better; more time, more savouring. Some people seem to be able to do it and not cause trouble. But it always causes trouble for me which makes me feel bad. I’m Shocking!!! I am going to promise not to do it again, and hopefully this time I can keep my promise.

I promise to never ever read more than one book at a time. I will read books one by one and give them the time and effort that they deserve.

The only good news is that I have managed to finish Hamlet – it only took me two months. Thirty down, a few more to go...

1 comment:

Erin Voth said...

Hamlet - Fantastic darling! Thats one of my rules too, one book at a time, one of anything at a time. Granted I dont tend to follow that rule all the time, too may theatre shows at the same time this fringe. From now on one at a time, softly softly.